M.Sc. (Environmental Science and Technology)
The M.Sc. in Environmental Science and Technology at Navrachana University is designed to provide training in the general field of environmental science and its associated technologies. The emphasis is on developing in depth understanding of environmental processes, how these processes are modified by humans, and how technology can be used to monitor and remediate particular problem. Students will learn to assess scientific and technological innovations as potential solutions to environmental issues. The unique interdisciplinary approach gives student a social science perspective on contemporary environmental issues.
This two year (four semesters) degree program consists of three distinct parts; the first concentrates on specialization course Environmental Science and Technology, the second covers the electives and the final part focuses on the application of specialization in a research project. Additionally, M.Sc. Program also allows students to choose courses across the University and receive a strong specialized knowledge along with exposure to Management and Information Technology through interdisciplinary courses.
Employment opportunities for graduates include careers such as technology assessment, carbon management and policy making and analysis with government agencies, environmental consultancies and private companies.
- Innovative pedagogy
- Contemporary curriculum, bench-marked across the global best
- Project based learning
- Industry connect
- Elective courses to develop expertise
- Research project in interest area
- Small class size
Environmental Science & Technology requires 92 credits to graduate. Students will receive multidisciplinary education using methods that are based-in interactive and hands-on learning. During the first three semesters, students will follow a sequence of Knowledge, Comprehension and Application. In the final semester they will focus on higher order of education through skill-based learning that deal with Analysis, Synthesis and Evaluation
Year-1 consists of fourteen compulsory science courses to help understanding of concepts of ecological, physical and environmental science. Student will develop a theoretical perspective on analytical instrumentation and laboratories will focus on behavior of pollutants.
Elective courses will help develop expertise in Social Science / IT / Management / Research Methodology.
Year-2 will focus on approaches to environmental issues through methods that are hands-on and applies problem-solving. It will lay emphasis on technology, mechanics of science and ecosystem, and industrial safety and environmental legislation.
Elective courses will help develop expertise in Environmental Hydraulics and Hydrology / Industrial Psychology.
Student undertakes a research project in their interest area.
Our graduates will become top-notch environmental stewards and offer advice professionally, personally and socially. They will demonstrate:
- Understanding of science related to environmental change and evolution
- Expertise in interpreting complex data related to environmental problems and challenges
- Expertise in knowledge needed to solve current and emerging technologies
- Understanding related to questions they need to ask and in-depth research they need to conduct.
- Expertise in communicating environmental issues to a wide audience
- High level of autonomy in the way they function
- Expertise in solving complex social and ethical problems confronting the industry and the government
Environmental Science & Technology program requires candidates to have completed one of the following degrees
- B.Sc. (Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Physics, Applied Sciences, Environmental Science, Life Sciences, Geography, Geology, Agriculture and Forestry) with Chemistry as one of the subsidiary subjects,
- B.Tech. / B.E. (Civil, Environmental and Chemical)
- B. Pharma.
Eligible candidates are required to appear for an interaction with experts of the School of Engineering and Technology, NUV.
For more details please contcat :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 0265-6172184 / 161